Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer 2011

I can't believe summer is already gone! My son is now in Middle School. My second daughter is in her last year of college. My granddaughter (oldest daughter and her wonderful hubby) is already over three months old! Time flies!

I've done a bit of baking this summer. After making Mothers' Day cookies for church, the fathers HINTED that they would love some too! So we rallied the kids to decorate tie cookies for each of the dads. No two were alike out of the 100 we made.


In July, we had an open house to celebrate our granddaughter, and to welcome DD2 back from her mission trip to Honduras. We decorated the house with pennants made from Dr. Suess fabrics, and I made lots of cookies. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have taken any pictures! We had round red cookies with "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" on them, green eggs, and square cookies with a hint of Horton's trunk with a pink dust speck on it. I had planned a topsy turvy cake with One Fish, Two Fish icons on it, but you know how time goes.....
It tasted great in separate layers covered in ganache! Who really needs the fancy decorations?!

LL Baseball kept us busy through July. The coach hosted a swimming party to finish off the season. Baseball cookies were a hit!


I finished off the summer with a cake and cookies for a beautiful little princess! I had a little time to play with this one, so finally got out my Cricut Cake electronic cutter to help with details. I must say I think I got it right this time!














I have one cookie project I know of for September. I also need to get my sewing machine humming to catch up on stacks of projects! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment